Monday, June 9, 2008

Health, fitness top priority for Shilpa at 33

Shilpa Shetty

A balanced diet, a strict fitness regime and regular yoga make Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty's skin glow and help her remain fit and glamorous as she turns 33.

Shilpa, who celebrates her birthday Sunday, looked svelte in a simple coral-coloured top paired with jeans at an event here.

'Yoga keeps my mind, body and soul fit,' Shilpa said. 'I have a neck problem and suffered from chronic spondylitis. So I started practising yoga. I took professional training and it really benefits,' she added.

'I don't believe in starving myself to remain thin. I eat well, work out and practise yoga to remain healthy. But that doesn't mean I eat butter chicken and naan (bread) every day. If you want to get peace for the mind, body and soul, yoga is the only answer,' she said.

She is not planning a big bash for her birthday. 'I would just be spending my birthday with my family in Dubai,' Shilpa told IANS.

Last year a special event was organised at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards function in Yorkshire to celebrate Shilpa's birthday. Several film personalities attended the same.

This year the actress has planned to skip the IIFA, which is on in Bangkok now. 'No IIFA this year,' she said. Although last year she was recognised at the event with an IIFA special award for Global Impact, this year Shilpa has not been nominated in any category.

Shilpa, who has contributed 15 years of her life to the Indian film industry starting with Baazigar (1993), was here to launch her own instructional video based on yoga titled 'Shilpa's Yoga'.

She not only features in the video, which was released internationally in English last year, but has also produced it.

'This is not a money-making thing for me. It is purely out of passion that I have done this video. I had not thought of releasing it in India, but it has been a great experience. It was tough to dub it in Hindi though,' she quipped.

On the production front, Shilpa has planned a big budget action flick under her banner S2 Global Productions. She would also be acting in the film.

'I do yoga and also work out at the gym for a fit look in the film,' she said.

Shilpa hit the jackpot after winning British television reality show Celebrity Big Brother 2007Phir Milenge (2004), Dus (2005), Apne (2007) and Metro (2007) also fetched her acclaim. and became a big name. Her emoting in films like

'I am happy that both Apne and Life...In A Metro were well received by the audience. November onwards, the audience would see a lot of me,' she said.

The actor's new movies include Sunny Deol's and Neeraj Pathak's The Man, and an international venture titled 'Hanuman' with filmmaker Uru Patel.

While The Man will see Shilpa portraying the role of a simple, dedicated girl who rises to instant global stardom, in Hanuman she would be portraying the role of Goddess Sita.

There has lately been a lot of speculation about her plans to marry London-based Indian entrepreneur Raj Kundra. But Shilpa, who believes that 'marriage is important,' said: 'Whenever I get to know, I will tell you when and where it would happen, what would be served, so on and so forth,' she said.

No comments: