Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm single and loving it


Former beauty queen Lara Dutta says she is enjoying her single status and is no hurry to get into a new relationship as work is keeping her really busy.

'I'm blissfully single. There's no one whom I'm even remotely interested in. And I'm in no hurry. After nine years, I'm alone. And I'm enjoying it,' Lara, who broke up with he ex-boyfriend Kelly Dorji, told IANS.

'Right now I'm so busy. I'm running around like a headless chicken,' the actress said.

Asked about her equation with Kelly, she said: 'Wonderful. We've spent so many good years together. No one can take away those from us. Kelly and I know each other too well to drift apart. There's a lot of mutual respect. And that will always remain.'

The actress' kitty is full with good projects, which includes Sudhir Mishra's modern version of 'Devdas' where she plays Paro.

'Sudhir Mishra's 'Devdas' isn't really a period film. It's very literate and layered and I'd have to dig really deep into myself to play Paro. She is a dark, ambitious and self-destructive character.'

Lara is also doing 'Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai' with Govinda and 'Blue', an out and out action film with Akshay Kumar.