Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Manisha Koirala Romances With Paris

manisha.jpg

For Manisha Koirala Paris is the city that has captured her attention completely. “I’ve always been a wanderer. I’ve always gone with my heart.But my romance with Paris has outlasted all others, “she says with contagious joie de vivre.

Believe it or not but yes, Manisha is buying herself a home in Paris. She has already zeroed in on Saint Germaine as the locality in Paris where she wants to make herself a reliable getaway.

“I’ve been away from Mumbai for so long. It’s good to be back. Mumbai will always be my home. But Paris and I seem to be attached in strange unexpected ways. I’ve always found the city extremely romantic. Paris just oozes art culture tradition and bonhomie. Every time I go there I feel completely at home.”

Recently Manisha took a longish break to be in Paris alone. “And I absolutely loved it. That’s when I decided I wanted a second home. I’m in the process of buying my dream home there. But Mumbai will always be home.
Family, says Manisha, comes first for her above career and self-fulfilment. “Recently we were all together when my father fell ill. I saw how my mother looked after my father. Some day in the near future I hope to be an equally good wife and mother.”

Manisha is also in the process of making a grand comeback to Bollywood. She has lost oodles of weight and looks the way she did in her career-making classics Sanjay Bhansali’s Khamoshi, Mani Ratnam’s Bombay and Dil Se.

“I know I made serious career mistakes. One lives and learns. I’ve been restless. But now there’s a great deal of spirituality and calm in my life. The home in Paris is an extension of my growth and equanimity as an individual.” Source