Monday, June 23, 2008

Kareena has not made me a Size Zero: Amrita Arora



Gaunt with the wind ? That seems to be the magic mantra for all the wannabe Size 0s of Bollywood these days.

The latest slim-as-a-reed candidate is the petite Amrita Arora who like her best friend, Kareena Kapoor seems to have lost a lot of weight.

Says Amrita, "Yeah, Kareena is my best friend. And like all best friends she's a positive influence on me. She introduced me to power yoga and that changed me life and my physicality."

Amrita insists she hasn't lost weight drastically. "It's only my face. Like Kareena's, it's naturally chubby face. I hate it when she and now I are called anorexic. What a terrible description. We both love our meals yaar.

Trust me, Kareena eats heartily, and so do I. I'm doing nothing out of the way. I still go to the gym only once a day and I'm not starving myself.

It's just that for the first time in my life I've lost weight on my face. So has Kareena."

As for Size 0, Amrita sighs, "I'm Size 6-8. O seems a distant dream and I don't even want to get there, please. When people talk about me being anorexic and a Size 0 I feel bad. That's not the kind of influence I want to be on audiences. "

Amrita is happy doing an assortment of films including Gol Maal Returns where her best friend Kareena also stars.

"I'm opposite Arshad Warsi and we all live as part of one family in the plot and we all make one another happy. Now how much more positive can the influence get?"